Posted on: 09 Feb, 17
The new year is well and truly underway with political and economic concerns saturating the news. However, Oury and Clark are questioning if we need to keep an eye on a different kind of uprising...
1) Don’t worry about immigrants, the robots are coming.
2) That is good news when it comes to commuting by car and reading a newspaper at the same time, bad news when it comes to having a job or indeed owning a car.
3) We have a national minimum wage, which goes up regularly and protects you….a bit… ((see point 2))
4) At the moment, the government offers really generous incentives to companies who innovate under the R&D Scheme tax relief scheme, so if you are solving problems, get in touch with someone decent and use it. You can even use it to build your own robot workforce – but, careful you don’t automate your own job, if you want to keep it.
5) As we are currently philosophically at sea on our attitude towards immigrants, we have no hope of deciding what to do with the robots. But hell, it might make us work out we were wrong about the first bit and we quite like immigrants again.
We are but two fictitious characters throwing out ideas and comment to stimulate debate and collect information. As professional service firms, we are open minded people and think independent thought and debate is essential to help understand, as well as navigate, complex problems. By joves – doing business across Europe (and the world) is set to become a whole lot more complex in light of recent seismic political events. As businesses - we provide information and hopefully some wisdom - and we see this blog and its caricatures merely as a much more fun, perhaps slightly controversial way, of stimulating debate and collecting ideas. We’re searching for some true pearls of wisdom, and as we find them, we’ll share them with you.
For foreign investors, parking money into UK bricks and mortar has always been a sound investment, especially in the London property market. However, is this still the case with the UK Government seeming to shun foreign landlords after tax hikes?
Life often feels like you're running a race... and in tax terms you kinda are. We are now on the final straight with only a few weeks remaining before the tax year ends and there are some last minute hurdles you should consider jumping
Copyright © 2013 - Oury Clark.