Posted on: 09 Feb, 17
The new year is well and truly underway with political and economic concerns saturating the news. However, Oury and Clark are questioning if we need to keep an eye on a different kind of uprising...
1) Don’t worry about immigrants, the robots are coming.
2) That is good news when it comes to commuting by car and reading a newspaper at the same time, bad news when it comes to having a job or indeed owning a car.
3) We have a national minimum wage, which goes up regularly and protects you….a bit… ((see point 2))
4) At the moment, the government offers really generous incentives to companies who innovate under the R&D Scheme tax relief scheme, so if you are solving problems, get in touch with someone decent and use it. You can even use it to build your own robot workforce – but, careful you don’t automate your own job, if you want to keep it.
5) As we are currently philosophically at sea on our attitude towards immigrants, we have no hope of deciding what to do with the robots. But hell, it might make us work out we were wrong about the first bit and we quite like immigrants again.
Oury and Clark are fictional characters created for this blog. They both have their own personality forged through their respective fictitious back stories . They express their views to drive debate and provide insight. At times, they may be a bit controversial, if so, no offence or discomfort is intended , it's simply to drive constructive thought or action.
We would love to hear your opinions on any subject including our fictional selves by writing to us here
Copyright © 2013 - Oury Clark.