• Contact
  • Accountants: +44 (0) 1753 551111
  • Solicitors: +44 (0) 20 7067 4300

Tax Services

Business Tax

Corporation tax applies to companies, whilst sole traders and partnerships pay income tax.

We can help you with:

  • Annual tax compliance
  • Tax planning for companies and other businesses
  • Buying and selling businesses
  • Tax planning for groups, including mergers, demergers and reconstructions
  • Conversion of partnerships and sole traders into limited companies
  • Capital taxes
  • Research & development tax credit claims

On an international level, we have experience of working along side advisers in other jurisdictions and can assist with:

  • International structures
  • Transfer pricing and thin capitalisation
  • Taxation issues for overseas employees

We can help businesses to look after that most vital of resources, their staff, with advice on:

  • Payroll taxes
  • Employee benefits and taxation
  • National insurance planning and compliance
  • Share and bonus schemes for employees and directors
  • Tax planning for directors, partners and sole traders
  • Succession planning

Customs Duties

All goods imported into the EU will be subject to Customs procedures, and import duty and VAT may be payable before the goods are allowed into free circulation.

Without proper preparation this can mean your goods are literally stuck on the dockside.

We can also help you with Customs Duty reliefs such as inward processing relief, temporary importation relief, etc and advise on other potential duty mitigation planning. We can help with duty deferment and other warehousing procedures to ease the cash flow burden of your duty liabilities.

Indirect Taxes

Most people are aware of Income Tax, Corporate Tax, and VAT, and will come into contact with the other main indirect tax: Stamp Duty Land Tax.

There are an increasing number of other “indirect taxes”, often with environmental objectives, which a few businesses are subject to.

We can advise on Stamp Duty Land Tax, for both individuals and corporations, and identify tax mitigation opportunities where appropriate.

We also have indirect tax practitioners who have the knowledge and expertise to advise upon the lesser known areas of taxation, including:

  • Land fill tax
  • Aggregates levy
  • Climate change levy
  • Air passenger duty
  • Insurance premium tax

Inheritance Tax

We can help you by:

  • Reviewing your current tax exposure
  • Providing advice in relation to structuring your estate to make best use of the available allowances and reliefs
  • Suggesting tax efficient investments in conjunction with our financial planning department


In the unfortunate event of a tax investigation being conducted with a view to prosecution, we can work closely either with your own lawyers or the solicitors in our associate law firm to ensure that you are properly represented.

Migrants & Tax

If you are coming to the UK, whether on secondment from your employer, or to set up a business, or simply to establish a home, we can advise on and help with:

  • Tax efficient remuneration arrangements
  • Sheltering capital and income from the UK tax authorities
  • Structuring your affairs so as to minimise exposure to UK inheritance tax (death duties)
  • Completion of relevant forms notifying the UK tax authorities of your arrival
  • Completion of UK tax returns during your stay in the UK

If you are leaving the UK, we can advise on and help with:

  • Inheritance tax planning
  • Arrangements to mitigate unnecessary overhang of UK taxes
  • Completion of relevant forms notifying the UK tax authorities of your departure

We also specialise in advising non-domiciled individuals who are UK residents and on offshore arrangements generally.

Personal Tax

Working closely with our independent financial advisers ensures that your tax affairs and any tax planning measures are tailored to your financial position. Any individual, be they a company director, self-employed, or retired, will invariably have personal tax circumstances.

We can help with such things as:

  • Completion of your tax return
  • Planning for asset disposals
  • Remuneration planning
  • How to pass assets on to your children/grandchildren via trusts and similar mechanisms
  • Financial provision for children/dependents
  • Helping you to utilise all the tax breaks that are available
  • Minimising your overall tax burden/exposure
  • Estate planning
  • Inheritance tax
  • Capital gains tax implications

Tax planning for non-domiciled UK residents

Although Finance Act 2008 introduced some wide ranging changes to the taxation of UK tax residents with an overseas domicile there are still tax planning advantages to be enjoyed particularly for those who have been resident here for 7 years or less.

Examples of some of these advantages are:

  • No tax on offshore income or capital gains unless remitted to the UK
  • Exposure to Inheritance Tax limited to UK situs assets for first 16 years of being a UK tax resident
  • Establishment of offshore excluded property trust to shelter non UK assets

If you are considering a move to the UK it is often critical that some tax planning measures are put in place prior to your move here


VAT is one of the most complicated and potentially costly areas of taxation in the UK and Europe. It is an area where sensible forward planning can make all the difference, particularly for businesses involved in cross border transaction or making one off transactions which are outside the normal course of their business.

We can help with:

  • VAT registrations and compliance
  • Advice on cross boarder transactions and international aspects of VAT
  • VAT on property transactions
  • VAT on business acquisitions or disposals
  • VAT compliance reviews and advice
  • VAT enquiries

Related Quick Guides

  • Member of London Partners
  • Member of London of Chamber Commerce and Industry
  • The Royal South Bucks Agricultural Association
  • The Association for UK Interactive Entertainment
  • Offical Xero Partner

Copyright © 2013 - Oury Clark.

Oury Clark is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and is entered on the Financial Services Register under reference 100556.